Manager, Software Development (Atlanta)
We’ve got the mentality of an independent startup along with the backing of an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company with revenues exceeding $1.5 billion. We’ve got a collaborative culture, and expect you to contribute your knowledge and expertise to the product development process from start to finish. We do what it takes to produce a superior product and we have a lot of fun doing it.
Here are some of the things we hope you’re looking for:
- An agile, fun-loving team environment (office pranks are common)
- A group committed to open source software and culture
- A place where geeks can be themselves and learning abounds (we’ve had seminars on subjects ranging from HTML5 video to wilderness medicine to baseball)
- A place where the day’s challenges are both big and rewarding
- Responsibiliy for a great group of developers and making them even greater
- Working with a cross-functional team to deliver successful projects with high quality and reliable delivery
Here are some of the things we’re looking for:
- You’re committed to the craft of managing and leading people. From Drucker to Deming with Rands in-between you continually study and hone your skills.
- You’re able to make the complex simple and have demonstrated an ability to understand and explain issues from both a technical and a business functional point of view.
- You’re passionate about communication, group dynamics and coaching.
- You have an insatiable appetite for learning new things and improving existing ones. You cultivate that same appetite in your developers and teams.
- You’re a perfectionist who tempers it with deadlines. Pragmatism is your middle name, you work at speed and inspire with your can-do attitude.
- You’ve got three years or more of demonstrated ability to manage and develop high performing teams.
- You’re experienced with agile development practices, especially Lean/Kanban.
- You’re got Python experience (or Web development experience in another dynamic language).
- Read the full job description for more
Our company culture:
- Work passionately and positively.
- Find a way to say yes.
- Be a utility player.
- Take ownership.
- Seek ideas from all directions.
- Keep it simple to keep it fast.
- Celebrate successes and learn from mistakes.
- Favor measurements over guesses.
- Move forward.
- Serve our customers’ needs.
See more detail of our company culture here: Our team’s culture and ethos
Want to apply?
Send your résumé and to chris (dot) heisel (at) coxinc (dot) com